Report of Marriage in the Philippine Embassy, London

If you were married in the UK (or anywhere abroad), you will need to report your marriage at the Philippine Embassy of the country where you reside. This is to ensure your marriage record is registered in the Philippines. The only Philippine Embassy in the UK is in London (6 Suffolk St, London SW1Y 4HG).

Walk-in applicants are welcome at the Embassy. I didn’t book an appointment prior to my visit. Please note submissions are only accepted between 9:30 AM and 3:00 PM only. Before making any arrangement or planning to head to the Philippine Embassy, refer to the official website of the Philippine Embassy London in case of schedule changes.

Report of Marriage Documents (Update as of 24 SEP 2023)

According to the official Philippine Embassy website, you need 4 sets of the following:

NOTE: Both husband and wife should appear at the Philippine Embassy.

  • Completed Report of Marriage form
  • Photocopy of the UK/Ireland Marriage Certificate in A4 size
  • Affidavit of Delayed Registration of Marriage (if reported after a year of marriage)
  • Photocopy of the passport(s) of the husband (include recent Philippine passport, if applicable)
  • Photocopy of the passport(s) of the wife (include recent Philippine passport, if applicable)
  • Photocopy of the RA 9225 documents of the husband and/or wife (if applicable) Dual citizens – British, Filipino
  • Photocopy of the Naturalisation certificate of the husband and/or wife (if applicable) Dual citizens – British, Filipino
  • PSA-issued birth certificate of the applicant
  • If the Filipino spouse is a widow(er):
    • Death certificate of deceased spouse (if Filipino, include PSA-issued death certificate)
    • Marriage certificate with deceased spouse (PSA-issued marriage certificate, if applicable)
  • If Filipino spouse had a previous marriage that was annulled or declared void, or had a foreign divorce:
    • PSA-issued marriage certificate, with annotation on the dissolution of marriage by way of recognition of foreign divorce decree, annulment or declaration of nullity of marriage

The processor may ask for the originals to validate the copies submitted. Check this link as guidance on how to complete the Report of Marriage form.
As circumstances warrant, other documents may be required.  Please refer to this website for more details.

Fees (Update as of 23 SEP 2023)

  • Report of Marriage – £23
  • Affidavit of Delayed Registration – £23

Please bear in my that if you want to get your certified copies, you can either come back to the Embassy or have your documents posted to your address. If you wish to have them posted, you will need to submit a self-addressed envelope. I forgot to include stamps on the envelope and I had to rush to the nearest Ryman which was 6-10 minutes away.

Also, don’ forget that there is a late registration fee if you’re going to report your marriage a year after your wedding date. I reported mine 2 days before our wedding anniversary! Sooooo last minute preparation there.

I submitted my documents on a Friday and received the certified copies the following week. I was surprised of the quick turnaround time.

The staff who helped me can speak bisaya. He was nice and cheerful. It was nice to talk to somebody who can speak your native language.

PLEASE NOTE: You will need the report of marriage document if you wish to renew your passport using your married name.

For queries or clarifications, email



  1. Tricia
    January 14, 2023 / 11:20 pm

    Hello, I just got married 2 months ago in the UK. My husband is a British national, and we want to report our marriage to the embassy of the Philippines asap. Please may I know what the ‘four forms’ are and where to get them? Thank you very much!

  2. Charmaine Salonoy
    February 9, 2023 / 1:11 am

    Does the report of marriage needs to be notarized? Also, should I leave the date of registry and registry number blank? Thank you xx

    • February 11, 2023 / 1:23 pm

      Hi! The Date of Registration and Registry Number (on the right hand corner) should be left blank, this is for the admin/official who will process your registration.

      If you were married here in the UK, no need for notarisation. Just bring your marriage contract and other requirements. Hope this helps. 🙂

      • April
        February 21, 2023 / 11:15 am

        Hello! Did you file it yourself or was your husband with you when you went to the embassy? Thank you!

        • February 22, 2023 / 7:52 pm

          I filed it myself. Husband was outside waiting for me though just in case. If you have completed the form correctly and your husband has signed the documents, you should be okay (I think, but I’m not updated if there are changes on the process). You may double check with the Philippine Embassy if your husband can’t make it.

      • Dominique
        October 24, 2023 / 10:12 pm

        Hello, Tiffany!

        We got married last yr, and we currently reside up North. Thus, traveling down to South is a bit hectic for us. We are considering post but I cannot really look for a website where it provides clear instructions. My husband is a British national, and got married here in the UK. Will we still need to get the report of marriage notarised? Thank you in advance!

  3. Lysa
    March 17, 2023 / 6:30 pm

    Hi I was married to a British for almost 2 years ago already. Is it okay to report this late?
    What are the circumstances if we won’t report it?
    Thanks in advance for your answer

    • March 18, 2023 / 8:51 pm

      Hi Lysa! Yes of course, you still can report it. However, please note there is a penalty fee and you need to complete Affidavit of Delayed Registration of Marriage form for those who report it after a year from the wedding date. Please check this link for further details Hope this helps! 🙂

  4. Loreta Healey
    March 26, 2023 / 7:35 am

    Hi tiffany i was married in HK. Can i get report marriage in London embassy. Instead applying online in the phils.

    • March 26, 2023 / 2:39 pm

      Hi Loreta! Good question, I think you can register this through the Philippine Embassy in London since you are currently residing here. But I will advise you to contact the embassy and get a confirmation if they can process this request just because the marriage took place abroad which is outside the jurisdiction of the Philippine Embassy in London. Hope it goes well! x

      • Loreta Healey
        March 27, 2023 / 5:52 pm

        I already contact philippines embassy london twice through email. They got two email addresses which i used to sent my enquiry but unfortunately no reply from them, thats why i looked for somewhere where i can ask my concerns and luckily i found ur web. . Do you have any contact from phil embassy london which differnt for what i got.
        Ur reply its much appreciated

  5. Emee
    April 2, 2023 / 5:26 pm

    Hello, after completing the process (registration of marriage done pre-covid in London) does this mean I can proceed to request (PSA online) for a marriage certificate? Also, do you know if this document is required when applying for ‘change of name’ on the passport?

    • April 2, 2023 / 6:11 pm

      Hi Emee, thanks for visiting my blog!
      When I reported my marriage at the Embassy in London, I was told it could take up to 6 months or a year before I can request for a PSA copy. If you submitted yours a few years ago, the PSA copy should be available by now.
      When I renewed my passport with a change name in 2019, if the PSA copy is not yet available they also accept the report of marriage certificate. However, upon checking the Embassy’s website, they now require the PSA copy:
      1. Original passport (if renewal)
      2. Photocopy of passport data page (if renewal)
      3. PSA birth certificate (if new application), original and 1 photocopy
      4. PSA marriage certificate, original and 1 photocopy

      Hope this helps!

  6. Aj
    May 31, 2023 / 12:48 pm

    Hi. Do we need to notarized the form po for the ROM if we’ll apply thru mail?

    • May 31, 2023 / 7:21 pm

      Hi Aj! According po sa website nila, you need to have it notarised po if applying by mail/post. However, if applying in person, no need na. Hope this helps.

  7. Nika
    September 23, 2023 / 10:45 pm

    We’re getting married this October. We’re both Filipino, and reading your blog will help us a lot in the process of registering the wedding. Just a question, is it faster and less hassle to do it in person rather than by mail? After the wedding, I will only have 1 month here in the UK before returning to the Philippines, so I’m hoping that we can register before I leave, then will process my spouse visa in the PH.

    • September 24, 2023 / 11:26 am

      Hi Nika, thank you for checking my blog. Are you on a fiance visa or a tourist visa? It is definitely quicker to do it in person. I went to the Embassy when I submitted my application. You will receive a copy after a few days (include a self-addressed envelope if not collecting). The PSA copy will take months (not sure of any updates if it’s now quicker) to process though which you can request at a PSA office in the Philippines.
      However, I had a quick look at the website Both of you need to appear now to file a report of marriage at the Embassy in London. I can’t see the option to submit it via post now. I will update my blog post to align to this requirement. Hope this helps. x

  8. Cef
    November 14, 2023 / 9:11 am

    Hello po, we are planning on getting married next year sa pinas. My question is pwede po bah sa embassy mag file ng marriage license then take it with us to pinas? Salamuch poh.

    • December 28, 2023 / 2:07 pm

      Hi po! Thank you for checking my blog.

      If sa Pinas po magpapakasal, no need to register it po sa Philippine Embassy abroad. Sa Pinas na po kasi ipa-process. Kuha nalang po kayo ng PSA copy to evidence na kasal kayo. If sa abroad po ikinasal, yan po yung kailangan i-report sa Embassy.

      Hope this helps po. x

  9. Anne C
    March 22, 2024 / 11:42 am

    Hello Tiffany,

    Thank you for this instruction. Very helpful po and page nyo. Ask lang po ako regarding as PSA birth certificate, dapat din ba na original copy and isasubmit?

    • March 23, 2024 / 12:00 pm

      Hi, Anne! Thank you for visiting my blog. Yes po, kailangan po na PSA original and copies po. Ibabalik naman yung originals. Gusto lang nilang makita to verify/validate the submitted copies. Hope this helps. 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!