If you were married in the UK (or anywhere abroad), you will need to report your marriage at the Philippine Embassy of the country where you reside. This is to ensure your marriage record is registered in the Philippines. The only Philippine Embassy in the UK is in London (6 Suffolk St, London SW1Y 4HG).
Walk-in applicants are welcome at the Embassy. I didn’t book an appointment prior to my visit. Please note submissions are only accepted between 9:30 AM and 3:00 PM only. Before making any arrangement or planning to head to the Philippine Embassy, refer to the official website of the Philippine Embassy London in case of schedule changes.
Report of Marriage Documents (Update as of 24 SEP 2023)
According to the official Philippine Embassy website, you need 4 sets of the following:
NOTE: Both husband and wife should appear at the Philippine Embassy.
- Completed Report of Marriage form
- Photocopy of the UK/Ireland Marriage Certificate in A4 size
- Affidavit of Delayed Registration of Marriage (if reported after a year of marriage)
- Photocopy of the passport(s) of the husband (include recent Philippine passport, if applicable)
- Photocopy of the passport(s) of the wife (include recent Philippine passport, if applicable)
- Photocopy of the RA 9225 documents of the husband and/or wife (if applicable) Dual citizens – British, Filipino
- Photocopy of the Naturalisation certificate of the husband and/or wife (if applicable) Dual citizens – British, Filipino
- PSA-issued birth certificate of the applicant
- If the Filipino spouse is a widow(er):
- Death certificate of deceased spouse (if Filipino, include PSA-issued death certificate)
- Marriage certificate with deceased spouse (PSA-issued marriage certificate, if applicable)
- If Filipino spouse had a previous marriage that was annulled or declared void, or had a foreign divorce:
- PSA-issued marriage certificate, with annotation on the dissolution of marriage by way of recognition of foreign divorce decree, annulment or declaration of nullity of marriage
The processor may ask for the originals to validate the copies submitted. Check this link as guidance on how to complete the Report of Marriage form.
As circumstances warrant, other documents may be required. Please refer to this website for more details.
Fees (Update as of 23 SEP 2023)
- Report of Marriage – £23
- Affidavit of Delayed Registration – £23
Please bear in my that if you want to get your certified copies, you can either come back to the Embassy or have your documents posted to your address. If you wish to have them posted, you will need to submit a self-addressed envelope. I forgot to include stamps on the envelope and I had to rush to the nearest Ryman which was 6-10 minutes away.
Also, don’ forget that there is a late registration fee if you’re going to report your marriage a year after your wedding date. I reported mine 2 days before our wedding anniversary! Sooooo last minute preparation there.
I submitted my documents on a Friday and received the certified copies the following week. I was surprised of the quick turnaround time.
The staff who helped me can speak bisaya. He was nice and cheerful. It was nice to talk to somebody who can speak your native language.
PLEASE NOTE: You will need the report of marriage document if you wish to renew your passport using your married name.
For queries or clarifications, email firstname.lastname@example.org.